Monday, February 13, 2012

The Long Awaited Universal Saga RPG!

After a year of alpha testing, then four long years of beta testing and sitting at version 0.9, I'm happy to announce that the Universal Saga RPG (USRPG) is finally a release candidate.  Yes, version 1.0 is here!  Granted, as a release candidate, I will still be updating the USRPG but instead of directly modifying the core work, I will instead just post an errata on Google Docs that will be updated as necessary.

What's so special about version 1.0?  You'll have to read though to find out!  But namely, the fabled vehicles chapter that never could get finished is just that, finished.  Enjoy!  What else is new?  Well, I've licensed the book using Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License, which basically means you are free to take my work, edit it, and distribute it so long as it is not for commercial purposes (basically you have to give it away for free) and as long as you allow other people to do the same to your work (basically, you have to let people modify your work as you did to mine).  Why am I doing this?  Because I want to promote the A.E.S.I.R. system without getting caught up in who should pay who.  Because this is free and I believe that if you want to have something great, you need people to build it up together, and what better way to get people on board when you're giving away a free product?  So yes, I have ulterior motives, but all those motives are is just to get you to play my system, try it.  If you like it, you're welcome to use it with whatever changes you want to make to it, so long as you give it away for free and you let other people make their own changes to your changes.

TL;DR: You can download, share, and remix the file as you see fit, so long as you credit me with creating the original copy. 

Oh, and hey, if you like what you are getting and you want to help support me, buy me a beer!

Without further ado, here you go: 
Download The Universal Saga RPG

Enjoy!